Friday, October 5, 2007

Cranksgiving update

November 10 at noon -- Bike Masters in Omaha

We're about a month out, and things are coming together quite nicely. Prizes from very generous sponsors are on the way, and I gotta say they're very, very cool. So cool, in fact, I wish I could win 'em. I won't say what they are, exactly, but notice the addition of Twin Six and Ergon as sponsors on the right. You're gonna like what you see. And thanks to Mr. 24 and the T6 boys.

And, obviously, the site has been prettied up a bit. I must thank Mallie for that, because without her work (for free, no less), things would still be quite white and quite boring. So, many thanks to her. Plus, she scored some stuff from Bad Lasses, which is a pretty cool company for the ladies.

Local shops have also been kind to us, so check them out, too. They'll be tossing stuff onto the prize pile, as well.

Here are some answers to a few questions I've seen:
What's this gonna cost me?
Whatever you spend on the items on the list, that's it. There's no entry fee. The items will cost between 10 and 20 bucks, probably.

Can I use a BOB trailer?
Sure, go nuts. I'll give you a time bonus if you use it to bring back an actual turkey.

What if I want to ride a singlespeed or a fixie?
Good for you. We'll have four categories: ss/fixie men, ss/fixie women, geared men, geared women. And yes, there will be prizes for winners in each category.

Prizes? Like the Twin Six stuff?
Yeah, but that stuff will be won in a drawing. Everybody will get a fair, though random, shot at the goods.

And if it's cold?
Dress warm.

No, really cold!
Dress warmer.

What are we going to do afterward?
Hang out, give out prizes and eat. We'll have two or three kinds of soup and probably some sloppy joes. You're welcome to bring food to share with the masses as well. Just shoot me an email -- bredemske at hotmail dot com to let me know.

Can I donate something if I can't make the ride?
Sure -- send me an email and we'll talk about it.

How will this whole thing work?
You'll check in, preferably around 11:30 so we can get you signed in, then at about 11:50 you'll get your shopping list. At noon, you'll hop on your bike and ride. Whenever you get back, you'll check in and weigh your bag. After that, you're done. Grab some food. When everybody's back, we'll draw for prizes. Do feel free to hang out, too. Bike Masters has been kind enough to host us, so check their stuff out.

I think that's it -- email or post a comment if you have other questions. I'll try to get 'em answered pronto. And thanks for being a part of what could be a pretty cool event.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so wish I could participate more so than I already am! Bryan...I hope you get a great response to this. It's a great event for a great cause!

bryan said...

I've talked to a lot of people already -- I could be stacking a lot of groceries. Yikes!